There is a book in the Father’s vast library that has your name on it. Did you know that Father has a library? Do you realize that there is a book in heaven with your name on it? Can you imagine the rows and rows of bookshelves filled with books?
The section of books we will look at today on Father’s bookshelves are the books that have our names on it.
For instance, here’s my book. Cindy’s Destiny. It was written a very long time ago by my Father in heaven. In fact, it was written before the very foundation of earth!
Let’s look at these facts:
Ephesians 1 tells us who we are…blessed with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ. All because He chose us in Christ Jesus from before the foundation of the world.
It is written in my book that I should walk holy and blameless before Him. It is also written that I am predestined to be adopted into God’s family through Jesus Christ.
If this is written about me, then you can be sure it is written about you too.
Psalm 139.16 tells us “Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in Your book were all written The days that were ordained for me, When as yet there was not one of them.” (KJV)
What is Written in My Book?
Let’s take a closer look at these Scripture verses that reveal who you and I are.
Ephesians and Colossians are full of who I am in Christ. This is my destiny…. yours too. Particularly notice the “in Whom”, “in Him”, “by Him”. Circle them so these words stand out in your Bible. These are identifiers of who you are in Him.
(I emphasized “I”, “we”, “us”, “you”, etc.)
- Ephesians 1.3 I am blessed in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ
- Ephesians 1.4 he chose me in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight
- Ephesians 1:5 In love he predestined me for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ
- Ephesians 1:11, 12 In him I was also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, in order that we, who were the first to put our hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory
- Ephesians 2:6, 7 God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus
- Ephesians 2:18 For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit
- Ephesians 3:12 In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence
- Colossians 2:6, 7 Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, having been firmly rooted and now being built up in Him and established in your faith, just as you were instructed, and overflowing with gratitude
- Colossians 2:9, 10 For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form, and in Him you have been made complete, and He is the head over all rule and authority
- Colossians 3:1 if you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God
Keep on reading in Ephesians and Colossians as there are so many more verses that identify you. Did you use a coloured pencil to mark “in Whom”, “in Him”, “by Him”?
Book in Heaven Called the Book of Life
This is a very important book, the Book of Life. Our names are not on the cover but they are within its pages if you are of the family of God. Check these out:
Psalm 69:28 May they be blotted out of the book of life And may they not be recorded with the righteous.
Philippians 4:3 Indeed, true companion, I ask you also to help these women who have shared my struggle in the cause of the gospel, together with Clement also and the rest of my fellow workers, whose names are in the book of life.
Revelation 3:5 He who overcomes will thus be clothed in white garments; and I will not erase his name from the book of life, and I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.
Revelation 13:8 All who dwell on the earth will worship him, everyone whose name has not been written from the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who has been slain.
Revelation 17:8 The beast that you saw was, and is not, and is about to come up out of the abyss and go to destruction. And those who dwell on the earth, whose name has not been written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, will wonder when they see the beast, that he was and is not and will come.
Read this carefully and note the plural on book….there are many books in heaven and one is yours! Revelation 20:12 And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds.
Revelation 20:15 And if anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.
Revelation 21:27 and nothing unclean, and no one who practices abomination and lying, shall ever come into it, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life.
Revelation 22:1 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his part from the tree of life and from the holy city, which are written in this book.
Why do we need to know these verses about this particular book? Well, the book of life is concerning your eternal destination. The destination of heaven versus the destination of the lake of fire.
I’m so glad my name is found in the Book of Life! Are you?
Wrapping it Up
I hope you enjoyed this quick study about the book in heaven that has your name on the cover.
There is another series devoted to this topic called Living Out My Destiny. It is a 3-part study on My Life, His Plans, What Are the Books of Heaven? and Called & Chosen. I strongly encourage you to read these posts as the studies will grow your understanding of the books of heaven, your destiny and why you are called and chosen by Father.
Whatever trials may come, whatever door is opened or closed, as long as I am walking in obedience to God, then I am fulfilling my destiny that He planned for me.
So, I’m excited to see what the next chapter is about in my book. We have decided to allow the tough times, life’s curve balls, to be used to strengthen our faith. We’re walking in the Lord as He instructs so all is good. Glory to Him! May my life follow His plans for me.
I pray that you will allow Father to direct your steps, your life, as well.
As always, has this helped you to see that you have a book with your name on it? Had you ever thought of that before? I welcome your comments, below!