Encouragement, we all need it as we are often bombarded with thoughts and lies from the enemy. This post is about an encouragement I received in the form of a blogger’s award called the Liebster Award. It originated as an idea to promote bloggers with less than 2000 readers but has since been revised for bloggers with less than 200 readers.
Encouragement comes in many forms. This Liebster Award is one form but also a smile, a hug, a prayer, and kind words. We need to encourage one another, not just bloggers, but all of us. We are sisters and daughters of the King and need to build and edify one another.
I want to thank Braidey LeNae from Yours Truly, LeNae for her kind words that touched my heart and encouraged me. I first became aware of Braidey through Instagram as she would comment on several of my posts, how they encouraged her. Later, I found her in a blogger group and made the connection. When I read her reason for nominating me for this blog, my heart cried as I am seeing how God is using my blog and Instagram posts to touch women’s lives in encouragement. Glory to God!
If you haven’t yet checked out Braidey’s blog site, you should. She writes from the heart and touches issues that we can relate to. She is sincere in sharing Christ and showing others how to be assured in their relationship with Him, no matter what they are going through. She has a heart for encouraging women and I love that. We all need encouragement, we all need to hear words of life, not words of death and defeat.
So thank you, Braidey, for your words of encouragement and for this nomination. I truly appreciate them and I appreciate you!
My Blogging Ministry
It was not my choosing to begin a blog ministry. God, however, has a destiny for me in heaven and this is part of it. So, in obedience to Him, I began this journey in February this year with a launch of March 1st.
Initially, I thought my blog would take the route of ministering to women in abusive relationships but God has not directed me in this area. Though I have been freed from my past, God is leading me to minister to you through Bible Studies. It is His desire that His daughters be strong in their relationship with Him and that means knowing the Word of God. And so, Go – Gather – Grow digs into the Word to reach the world for Him.
If you are new to my site, please feel free to browse the Blog to study the Word with me. My favourite study method is the Inductive approach where you take it slow as you ask the 5 W’s and H to discover what the Word contains. Should you want to connect with me, please use the contact form to send me an email. I would love to hear from you!
Oh, so many to choose from! There is, however, one blogger that speaks to my heart, ever since I first ‘met’ her in a Facebook bloggers group, and she is Sonya Rottman who blogs at Healthy Living Mom. She is a sweet, loving and caring woman who readily and willingly helps other bloggers with words of encouragement, prayer, sources of information and generates happiness in her trail. I have not met her in person but I sure would love to!
Her blog is beautiful and starts off with “You Were Meant for More“…how encouraging is that? She writes about healthy living, both physically and spiritually. You can check out her recent posts here. Don’t forget to browse her tab “Join the Living Room“. Did I mention that her blog is beautiful? I love it…I know you will too!
Discover Me in Random Facts
- There are so many Bible verses that I love and lean on but my favourite would be Isaiah 43:2 because it tells me that I will go through adversity but He is with me. “When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.”
- My favourite blog post that I have written, hmmm, because I love the Inductive Bible Study Method and want to share that with you, I would say that my two posts on how to study inductively would be my favourite. My second favourite is the post I wrote on Adversity: When Heaven’s Will Came to Earth. This shared our victory after 18 months of adversity.
- Thinking about a favourite children’s book…can’t really come up with anything as it has been such a long time since I read a child’s book to my now adult son.
- My favourite book, well, I love to read novels in my down time and I have several authors that I particularly enjoy. A new author, Alana Terry, and her Kennedy Stern series. Love that. I also enjoy Karen Kingsbury, Terri Blackstock, Dee Henderson and Candace Calvert to name a few.
- My favourite quiet time spot is right on my balcony with the sun umbrella up, the breeze flowing, a glass of cold water and a good book.
- I love summer the best, simply because the days are long and the sun is shining and we can go jeeping to explore mountain roads here in our beautiful province.
- Coffee or tea. Actually, neither. Never drank them, never will. My favourite liquid is water and then hot chocolate or a really good orange juice.
- Dark or milk chocolate. Actually, I like both but would reach for milk chocolate (no nuts) any day.
- If I could travel to only one place, I would stay right here in British Columbia. We have a beautiful province that needs to be explored!
- When do I find time to blog…well, I’m retired so my days are my own. Since I started this journey in March, I have been blogging every day, for 8-12 hours some times. Mostly this is ensuring the mechanics of blogging are in place because it is more than writing posts. I do, however, want to cut back on the hours as I do not want my marriage to suffer because I’m cooped up in my office. So, we’ll see how that unfolds in the next few months!
- I am most thankful for the Word of God, that it grounds my faith and grounds my marriage. I have learned to lean on God and trust Him in everything. Oh, sure, I may fuss every once in a while but then I remember the victories He has given me and I return to trusting Him completely because it is all about Him, not me.
My Liebster Award Nominations
The Liebster Award aims to give excellent new or smaller blogs online exposure. It is so important (and also fun!) for bloggers to connect with others in the blogging community. Thus, each blogger nominated should nominate other bloggers in return. I hope that you will take some time and visit these other wonderful blogs whom I nominate. Please know that each of my nominees loves the Lord and love sharing the words He gives them to their readers.
And the nominees are:
- Healthy Living Mom by Sonya Rottman. I’ve already mentioned my reasons why I love her site and content and enjoy being in her ‘presence’ via Facebook and her blog.
- Scribbles & Sustenance by Stacey Lynn Wells. Stacey first reached out to me through one of my posts and I continue to hear from her every now and then. But let me tell you of her. Stacey has a heart for writing and loves to share Christ in the everyday life. One of her recent posts, Our Storm is No Match for the Awesome God We Serve really touched my heart and I know it will touch you as well. Please click over to read it!
- Cassie L Wilson – Learning to be the Light by Cassie Wilson is young but oh, so full of love for God and her sisters in the Lord! She writes as she speaks and touches you from the start.
- Stones of Divers Lines by Josephine Rose. One of her posts is about her natural adoption and she uses that to remind us of our heavenly adoption by our Father. This is a great post. Her heart is for Jesus and living a life that pleases Him.
- The “F” Word by Lindsey Petitt, is not about that F word, it is about all the other words beginning with F, like faith, forgiveness, favour, forward and others. She writes to build up and encourage women in their faith, to stand strong on the Word. Though she doesn’t know it, she is a blessing to me and will be to you as well!
Questions for My Nominees
- Favourite season?
- What is your favourite Bible verse?
- Favourite blog article you have written and why?
- Dark or milk chocolate?
- Favourite children’s book?
- If you could travel to only one place, where would it be?
- Favourite book or author?
- When do you find time to blog?
- Favourite quiet time spot?
- What in your life are you most thankful for?
Official Liebster Award 2017 Rules
What to Do if Nominated for the Liebster Award ~ From The Global Aussie
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award and choose to accept, write an article with the following:
- Acknowledge the person and their blog that nominated you and link back.
- Display the 2017 Liebster Award on your blog.
- Write a 150-300 word article about your favourite blog and provide a link.
- List 10 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs deserving of the award.
- List these rules in your post.
- Inform your nominees that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award and provide a link for them to your post.
The Global Aussie 2017, where you will find everything you need to know about this award and the rules for participating.
As always, I look forward to hearing from you. Please leave a comment below.